Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snowflakes in my Hand....



These pierced and domed spheres were the first pieces I made at the very beginning of my B-Tech, I was very excited about them as they were so simple but so striking at the same time.I remember the rush of energy I had once I had completed and polished them, they seemed so perfect that for a long time i didn't want to make jewellery out if them, I just wanted to play with them and hold them in my hands.

The design came from some arabesque like patterned pierced out squares that I just loved and wanted to do more with.
Once I had stylized the pattern and pierced them put, the most logical step was to dome them and solder them together!
These spheres later became lariat type necklace that are one of my best sellers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...