Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Really need to finish.........

These are photos of a ring I started working on last year and really need to finish.I am using two sections cut from an open snowflake element,having soldered them together they make a perfect seat for an oval stone.Ive added a leaf like detail (also cut from the snowflake element) as an extra embelishment as well as to fill in the empty space between the shank and the really high setting.The finished design will have tiny fused balls soldered all over it,I think this ring really manages to combine the "old fashioned" Victorian style that I admire so much with a more contemporary look,one of my main aimes in this collection.Fusing history with contemporary design.I dont know if this ring will turn out successful,as setting the stone with special looking "claws" seems quite dawnting!!!!Hope I can do it!If I can it will be spectacular!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...