Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Heaven made of Metal!!!


Have decided to blog more on other jewellery designers that inspire me and who's work I follow, as i think this is a good way to explain my style and what I am trying to create with my B-Tech body of work.First up is:

Marianne Anderson.

Inspired by the history of ornament, Marianne Anderson’s jewellery presents an exploration of traditional ornamental forms with an original interpretation of the decorative from a modern point of view.

Working within a restrained palette of oxidized silver, 18ct gold, red garnets and white pearls, she creates striking and wearable collections that skillfully reference the human fascination with adornment.

COMPARISON TO MY WORK

Unlike my pieces that, although are based Victorian patterns and styles and are more feminine and lace like, Marianne’s work is bold and statement making, the high impact of blackened metal with its ironwork references and the stylized use of historical patterns work together to “ Highlight the importance of ornament in a modern context “.


“My interest is rooted in how we learn and draw from the past and return frequently to designs, motifs and patterns of historic and symbolic significance. By purposefully engaging with the past, my aim is to highlight the importance of ornament in a modern context. Far from superfluous, ornament has always had its own vocabulary and meaning and I try to engage with this through my work.”

I love the way she has fused contemporary ornamentation with a touch of history. Delicate, striking and gorgeous.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...