Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I heart Tim Walker.....



A few posts ago I mentioned how much I love Tim Walker's photography I have since found out more about him,( as my collaboration with Reine by Kathrin Kidger is in two weeks time).


INSPIRATION AND SETTING

The inspiration for these special window’s to another world is drawn from almost every aspect of his life, he keeps a sketch book of words, collages and images that make an impact on him and he draws his inspiration from this impromptu catalogue to create “ a moment that is real in an unreal environment “.
I enjoy the type of dramatic feminine stage he sets and one of my projects next year will be to create a catalogue were my own jewellery is set in this kind of histrionic ambient. It’s so easy to tumble into the special world he creates full of notions of childhood stories, memories and fantasy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also a great fan of Tim Walker! The aura he is able to create in his work and the indulgance of femaninity without excessive oppulance is lovely *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...